Sunday, March 1, 2009

My baby is 1 today!

It is hard to believe that a little over a year ago I was stuck in the hospital for FOUR and a half long weeks on bed rest, waiting for this little one to arrive!

It was such a small sacrifice.
(Hang in there Patty)

Reese at three months with sister.

Reese at six months with daddy.

And my little princess today at one years old.
***

Life was a little rough at first with two.
But we worked out the kinks and now I wouldn't trade it for anything!

At one Reese is so much fun and full of personality.

She
LOVES talking on the phone.

Loves saying "mmmmmatt!" (uncle matt)

Points at everything and has something to say about it.
(In her own jibberish language)

Has seven teeth. Four on top and three on bottom.

Has thick full dark brown hair.

Bites sister when sister steals her stuff.

Loves to eat. Hence round chubby face!

And loves to dance to any beat.

We love her so much and can not get enough of her!

Happy Birthday baby girl!

.....

I have been thinking about posting a comparison of mine and Reese's baby pictures for ever and finally remembered to do it.

Most everyone knows Reese looks more like me than Jeff but a lot of people ask me where she got her dark long hair from. Her hair is what catches everyone's attention.

Well this is where....


Reese at two months

Me at two months

My dad and me at three months.

Me and Reese at three months.

14 comments:

Bryce and Lizzy said...

happy birthday reese! you are so cute.

Spencer, Katie, Ezra & Luke said...

happy birthday little bug!! i can't believe how much she looks like you!!

TAYLOR FAMILY said...

Holy cow! I can't believe how much she really does look like you! Especially now seeing pictures of the two of you at the same age. Hope she had a great birthday and that you and your cute fam are doing well.

The Thomas Family said...

Wow, you two look like twins!!
Time flies. I can't believe Claire is almost one. They're such stinkers. It's so funny because I just remember for so long thinking i couldn't handle two by myself... now it's so normal. It's funny. But yeah, can't imagine life without them.

Anonymous said...

finally you blogged!!!!!!!!! its the only thing that has made my day in this damn hospital room!!!!!!! Im going crazy!!!! Its scary how much you and reese look alike! i love it...

patty

Annie said...

I want to squeeze her little head off in that pic with her folding her arms...LOVE IT! Happy Happy Birthday girlies!! Love my hair by the way:) AND I love those blue pants...who picked out those sweet jeans?? Hmmm.

Aimee said...

Hey Di, will you send me your email? I had to quickly make my blog private because some sicko posted my kids photo on the internet. kartchners@gmail.com
Thanks

Kirkland's said...

Ah, Reese looks so big in her birthday pic, what a beautiful baby!

The Morzelewski Family said...

Happy Birthday Reese! I forget that her and Payton share the same day!!! They are meant to be buddies, we need to get them together some time to play! I can't believe how much she looks like you!!! How adorable!

Jason and Tawni said...

Di, what a darling little girl! I love her little face and that hair is soooo beautiful, I am completely jealous! Great pictures and that is so cute to see your baby pictures too! Happy 1st Birthday Reese!

Angela and Jim said...

That was so cute! She looks so big! I can't believe she is already one. Devin will be 2 next week, it's so fun but it goes by so fast.

Cheri' said...

I love the pictures. My mom was visiting and I showed her the pictures of your dad. We had a good laugh. We are going private so let me know your email if you want to be invited. cwmerkley@yahoo.com

Jay and Bec said...

Happy Birthday to Reese! You guys are twins!

ryan and melissa said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! I can totally see where she gets her good looks from ;)