Friday, September 26, 2008

what should i do about this?


She WILL NOT stay in her straps. I have tried tightening the straps really super tight and what do ya know... she figured out how to loosen them. I love love the Britax but why in the world would they put the strap release button in between their legs? Why? Isn't anyone smart enough to figure that one out. So I am at a loss of what to do. If I tell this little one to stay in she OF COURSE gets right out. Time outs don't work. Any suggestions anyone? I gotta keep this girl safe.

11 comments:

Kirkland's said...

Naughty little rascal! We could switch as see if another brand helps?

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Hi Diana, it's Erin! Cute family! Man good luck on the car seat thing. I had to threaten that the police man was going to come and get her. It seems to have scared her enough to stay in...for now! Good luck! Hope you are all doing well!

coxfam said...

Hey Diana its Jessica, your girls are darling. Dont know what to tell you about the car seat thing havent gotten that far yet. What a cute family you have.

Alida K said...

Hey Diana.
When I took a car seat class it sounded fairly common. One lady said she called the firehall ahead to say she was coming and then stopped there and got the fireman to scare her pretending they were getting in trouble, apparently it worked. It's tough because you don't want to say "we're not driving until you put it back on" because she'll catch on to that and when you have to go somewhere you can't. Maybe try an authority figure? Good Luck, it's a tough one! And yes they should make it harder for kids!

Annie said...

If she's not getting ALL the way out, my best advice is to just ignore her when she does it, Elle went through that phase and once she realized I didn't care?...she stopped. But, if she's getting completely out then I can be of no service. Now cash that check dammit!

Jason and Tawni said...

Um yah, I have no idea what to tell you about that. We're not quite at that stage of life yet but seriously, who does put a release button right where kids can reach? Good luck teaching her to stay strapped in!

Anonymous said...

Get a new car seat. It may seem drastic (and expensive!), but it's a small price to pay for your little one's safety.

Anika said...

I love that little girl! Every "naughty" thing she does she does with a smile on her face!

Lisa Jo Lovell said...

Hey Diana, I got your cute message on my blog, thanks! It great to hear from you. Your family is darling!! Two girls, I know they keep you busy. I do have an answer for the car seat. My little cousin Caroline had it figured out by the time she 18mnths! There is a little cap thing that you can buy to put over the red button release thing. Then she can't get out. I think if you ask someone at babies r us they can help. That worked for them, so hopefully it will for you too!! Keep in touch. LJ

az updates said...

Just one good slamming on the breaks should do the trick. I never had that problem because we never wear seatbelts. No comments on that on please...just teach her to duck if she sees a police car coming. works for me:)

Jay and Bec said...

Wish I could help! Threats are about the only thing that works for my girls. Good luck!
How fun that you went to that show too! I wish that I knew they were here. I bet it was a blast.