Diana, It's Tawni (Olson) Smith. I just came across your blog although I can't remember from who's and wow there is a lot to catch up on since the days on Ox Cart Lane in Chandler Point! First off, Bentley is so cute and I am sure it is hard to have her so far away and yet she appears to be in great hands. Secondly, congratulations on your pregnancy, how far along are you now? I was reading your post and you mentioned having to go through the NICU rollercoaster with Bentley and I must tell you that any information, memories, ideas, or comments you have to offer on the NICU would be so appreciated. I gave birth to our baby girl Stella Avery 10 weeks early on January 11th. It is a long story but I was hospitalized due to my high blood pressure and although I tried really hard to make it to 32 weeks I ended up getting to 30 and that was it. If you have suggestions on how to not go crazy while your baby is in the NICU I would love the advice! Take care of yourself and keep posting so that we all know what's going on.
Di, So good to hear from you. I linked your blog to ours so that we can stay in touch. Stella is at the Dixie Regional Medical Center by the St. George Temple. She is such a cutie pie, just really tiny. I had to have an emergency c-section because my high blood pressure had caused preeclampsia/toxemia and Stella wasn't receiving any nutrients from me. So for almost 6 weeks she hadn't grown and it was doing more damage for her to be inside of me than outside in the NICU so they pulled her out. It has been an emotional ride. I have been keeping myself busy by working on her baby book and getting the nursery in order. I also have been writing so many thank you cards that I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome. People have been so sweet and very generous to us during this time. Thanks for the support, I feel like I need to be lending some to you now too. I love the name Reese. When is your original due date with her? How many weeks are you now? 32? What hospital are you at?
3 comments:
Diana,
It's Tawni (Olson) Smith. I just came across your blog although I can't remember from who's and wow there is a lot to catch up on since the days on Ox Cart Lane in Chandler Point! First off, Bentley is so cute and I am sure it is hard to have her so far away and yet she appears to be in great hands. Secondly, congratulations on your pregnancy, how far along are you now? I was reading your post and you mentioned having to go through the NICU rollercoaster with Bentley and I must tell you that any information, memories, ideas, or comments you have to offer on the NICU would be so appreciated. I gave birth to our baby girl Stella Avery 10 weeks early on January 11th. It is a long story but I was hospitalized due to my high blood pressure and although I tried really hard to make it to 32 weeks I ended up getting to 30 and that was it. If you have suggestions on how to not go crazy while your baby is in the NICU I would love the advice!
Take care of yourself and keep posting so that we all know what's going on.
Love
Tawni
Di,
So good to hear from you. I linked your blog to ours so that we can stay in touch. Stella is at the Dixie Regional Medical Center by the St. George Temple. She is such a cutie pie, just really tiny. I had to have an emergency c-section because my high blood pressure had caused preeclampsia/toxemia and Stella wasn't receiving any nutrients from me. So for almost 6 weeks she hadn't grown and it was doing more damage for her to be inside of me than outside in the NICU so they pulled her out. It has been an emotional ride. I have been keeping myself busy by working on her baby book and getting the nursery in order. I also have been writing so many thank you cards that I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome. People have been so sweet and very generous to us during this time. Thanks for the support, I feel like I need to be lending some to you now too. I love the name Reese. When is your original due date with her? How many weeks are you now? 32? What hospital are you at?
HAHAHAHAHA!
Post a Comment