Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankgiving in Newport.

This year we spent Thanksgiving at the beach. Jeff's sis was nice enough to have the whole family together at her Newport beach house. The weather was ok, a little overcast but mostly pretty nice. Nice enough for Disneyland and nice enough for Bentley to play in the water. CRAZY! Disneyland was fun with the girls for about oh... 2 hours and then we were ready for them to leave with Auntie Jenny and Auntie Patty. I haven't been there in many many years. It was fun. Not 90 dollars fun. Good thing we had some free passes! Thanks Patty!

She was having a fit about the sand at first (like last year) but she LOVED the water. She thought it was the best thing of her life to run into the waves and then "try" to escape them. Most of the time they knocked her down but she didn't care.
The water was cold. Jeff went out surfing everyday and needed a wet suit.


Jenny of course had lots of little prizes for Bent. Including make-up. So they dolled each other up for the day! You can't see in this picture but Bent did a good job on Jenny, she looked a.m.a.z.i.n.g!

We took the beach cruiser's out everyday. The girls loved being pulled behind.


They were cuddling with each other. It was cutest dang thing ever!

Jenny painted everyone's face. A lot of talent in Jeff's family.

And we even fit in doing some hair. We turned Jenny into a brunette. I think everyone is still a little shocked!
All in all we had a blast. My kids were ready to get back into a schedule though. We are suffering for it still two days later. Nothing but crankiness.
Thanks Nicole for a fabulous trip. Thanks Sandy for the yummy Thanksgiving dinner (she is the best cook). And thanks everyone for all the generosity, your all the best!

6 comments:

Cait said...

Bentley has sucha cute little body, I love her running on the beach! I wish we could get pictures of Reese and Georgia together with there dark hair!It would be so cute! You guys have so much fun, love all the pictures.

Annie said...

Oh the beach...don't be jealous that Jeff is going back while you're here freezing your ace off okay! The wild woman looks so cute running shirtless on the sand - I'll miss her:)Did you talk to Jenny about the header by chance?

Aimee said...

Looks like so much fun! I have that same bike trailor! BTW I love love love my new haircut. Di, you are the best!

MEG said...

Okay, I love little Reese in the first picture, it's like she is waving, and I love that Bentley is awaky, but SO NOT IMPRESSED. They are so cute, and i love your skinny minny legs. I wish!

Kirkland's said...

We need a beach trip...Alex doesn't know what it is! Looks and sounded like fun - except Disneyland...try again in 2 years!

ryan and melissa said...

Looks like fun! We need a vacation- I don't think we have been anywhere since our honeymoon. By the way, your family pictures are beautiful!