i {heart} rod.
This last weekend Jeff, Kacey, Jake, and I took a road trip to Vegas to see the Rod Stewart concert. Now I know what you are all thinking... "why the heck would you go all the way to Las Vegas to see Rod Stewart?" Jeff worked on Rod's tour a few years ago, and I would go out to see a few of his shows. One of them was here in Salt Lake and I took some of my family. We seriously loved his show. It was so much fun and part of it I think was that Jeff was working on it. Out of all of Jeff's tours he has been on, Rod has been one of our favorites. The crowd is different, and in my opinion a little more fun that the usual teeny bopper crowds. But Rod is a good performer, and I must say it was so fun to watch him again. Thanks Nikki for getting us tickets!
These pictures are out at the Palms pool where we stayed. Jeff, Kacey, and Jake all fell asleep laying out. I can't fall asleep in that kind of heat!
Thanks Kace and Jake for coming with us! It was a blast! Jake didn't really know any of the songs, but he said he still loved the show. What a good sport!
I have a video of good old Rod so I will try to post it later. Maybe I will even put the crazy fan I secretly filmed on too! Part of the fun was watching all the loony tunes around us!
We left our kids home with my family, it was a nice little weekend get-a-way! I have to give a shout out to my dad for watching Reese. He is such a good Grandpa, he took her for walks, took her to the park to see the ducks (even though she obviously didn't care). He took his babysitting job so seriously, it was so cute. Thanks Dad, and thanks Jo and Tam for helping out as well. You guys rock!


4 comments:
A weekend without kids...how I wish!! Looks like it was fun - I'm jealous...of course:)
oh!!! I almost cried. You and Kace both look BEAUTIFUL in those pics. I was staring adoringly at the pics of you guys... you are all grown up and I can't believe we're not 16 anymore!!! I am just so damn proud of you Di! =) Love you.
Kel
SOOOO lucky to get away without your girls, I used to say "I had kids 'cause I wanted them, and I will never go on vacation without them"! NOW.... all I want is a break! Looks like you had fun, and Bent reminds me of Claire, just painting with the lipgloss and not being able to say "potty" when she has to go! Oh... and reese is ADORABLE!! Love all her gorgeous hair
wow you look great in a swim suit after just having a baby!!! I was so jealous when my mom told me your dad watched Reese for a couple days. You are so lucky. I could only dream (especially since mine won't take a bottle and barfs when I give him baby food.)How fun!
Post a Comment